Invitation to the GNS-I Study; a Global Evaluation of Traumatic Brain Injury in Low-, Middle-, and High- income Countries
We invite worldwide neurosurgeons, trauma surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, anaesthesiologists, and trainees to join the GNS team. Any worldwide hospital the receives and manages TBI patients is eligible for participation in the study. Collaborators can register through the official GNS website available here:
There are several ways in which collaborators can participate in the GNS team, these roles can be found on the GNS website here:
2. Corley J, Lepard J, Barthélemy E, Ashby JL, Park KB. Essential Neurosurgical Workforce Needed to Address Neurotrauma in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. World Neurosurg. 2019;123:295–9.
3. Negida A, Teton Z, Al-Shami H, Hegazy A, Raslan AM. Protocole: Global NeuroSurg 1 Study: Determining the Global Outcomes of Traumatic Brain Injury in low-, middle-, and high- income countries: A prospective, international cohort study. Available in: https://dx.doi.org/10.17504/protocols.io.3kpgkvn
4. Roberts I, Yates D, Sandercock P, Farrell B, Wasserberg J, Lomas G, et al. Effect of intravenous corticosteroids on death within 14 days in 10008 adults with clinically significant head injury (MRC CRASH trial): randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2004;364(9442):1321-8.
5. De Silva MJ, Roberts I, Perel P, Edwards P, Kenward MG, Fernandes J, et al. Patient outcome after traumatic brain injury in high-, middle- and low-income countries: analysis of data on 8927 patients in 46 countries. Int J Epidemiol. 2009;38(2):452-8.
6. Gupta S, Khajanchi M, Kumar V, Raykar NP, Alkire BC, Roy N, et al. Third delay in traumatic brain injury: time to management as a predictor of mortality. J Neurosurg. 2019;In Press.
7. Jayaraman S, Ozgediz D, Miyamoto J, Caldwell N, Lipnick MS, Mijumbi C, et al. Disparities in injury mortality between Uganda and the United States: comparative analysis of a neglected disease. World J Surg. 2011;35(3):505-11.
8. Kuo BJ, Vaca SD, Vissoci JRN, Staton CA, Xu L, Muhumuza M, et al. A prospective neurosurgical registry evaluating the clinical care of traumatic brain injury patients presenting to Mulago National Referral Hospital in Uganda. PLoS One. 2017;12(10):e0182285.