The Role of Chest CT Scan in Diagnosis of COVID-19
As the number of patients infected by COVID-19 increases worldwide, and in the absence of appropriate therapeutic drugs or vaccines, it is essential to detect patients with COVID-19 pneumonia at its early stages, in order to isolate the patients from healthy population. Computed tomography (CT) scan seems to be promising in detection of COVID-19 as shown in some studies.
2. Kim H, Hong H, Yoon SH. Diagnostic Performance of CT and Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction for Coronavirus Disease 2019: A Meta-Analysis. Radiology. 2020:201343.
3. Bernheim A, Mei X, Huang M, Yang Y, Fayad ZA, Zhang N, et al. Chest CT Findings in Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19): Relationship to Duration of Infection. Radiology. 2020:200463.
4. Pan F, Ye T, Sun P, Gui S, Liang B, Li L, et al. Time Course of Lung Changes On Chest CT During Recovery From 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pneumonia. Radiology. 2020:200370.
5. Wang Y, Dong C, Hu Y, Li C, Ren Q, Zhang X, et al. Temporal Changes of CT Findings in 90 Patients with COVID-19 Pneumonia: A Longitudinal Study. Radiology. 2020:200843.
6. Huang L, Han R, Ai T, Yu P, Kang H, Tao Q, et al. Serial quantitative chest ct assessment of covid-19: Deep-learning approach. Radiology. 2020;2(2):e200075.
7. Song F, Shi N, Shan F, Zhang Z, Shen J, Lu H, Ling Y, Jiang Y, Shi Y. Emerging 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Pneumonia. Radiology. 2020;295(1):210-7.
8. Fang Y, Zhang H, Xie J, Lin M, Ying L, Pang P, et al. Sensitivity of Chest CT for COVID-19: Comparison to RT-PCR. Radiology. 2020:200432.
9. Wen Z, Chi Y, Zhang L, Liu H, Du K, Li Z, et al. Coronavirus Disease 2019: Initial Detection on Chest CT in a Retrospective Multicenter Study of 103 Chinese Subjects. Radiology. 2020;2(2):e200092.
10. American College of Radiology. ACR recommendations for the use of chest radiography and computed tomography (CT) for suspected COVID-19 infection. March 11, 2020. [Available from: https://www.acr.org/ Advocacy-and-Economics/ACR-Position- Statements/Recommendations-for-Chest- Radiography-and-CT-for-Suspected-COVID19- Infection].
11. Royal College of Radiology. RCR position on the role of CT in patients suspected with COVID-19 infection. [Available from: https://www.rcr.ac.uk/college/coronavirus-covid-19-what-rcr-doing/clinical-information/rcr-position-role-ct-patients].
12. Chung M, Bernheim A, Mei X, Zhang N, Huang M, Zeng X, et al. CT Imaging Features of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Radiology. 2020;295(1):202-7.
13. Kong W, Agarwal PP. Chest imaging appearance of COVID-19 infection. Radiology. 2020;2(1):e200028.
14. Bai HX, Hsieh B, Xiong Z, Halsey K, Choi JW, Tran TML, et al. Performance of radiologists in differentiating COVID-19 from viral pneumonia on chest CT. Radiology. 2020:200823.
15. Salehi S, Abedi A, Balakrishnan S, Gholamrezanezhad A. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): A Systematic Review of Imaging Findings in 919 Patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2020:1-7.
16. Franquet T. Imaging of pulmonary viral pneumonia. Radiology. 2011;260(1):18-39.
17. Kligerman S, Raptis C, Larsen B, Henry TS, Caporale A, Tazelaar H, et al. Radiologic, Pathologic, Clinical, and Physiologic Findings of Electronic Cigarette or Vaping Product Use-associated Lung Injury (EVALI): Evolving Knowledge and Remaining Questions. Radiology. 2020;294(3):491-505.
18. Ellis SJ, Cleverley JR, Müller NL. Drug-induced lung disease: high-resolution CT findings. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000;175(4):1019-24.
19. Nishino M, Hatabu H, Hodi FS. Imaging of Cancer Immunotherapy: Current Approaches and Future Directions. Radiology. 2019;290(1):9-22.
20. Ng MY, Lee EY, Yang J, Yang F, Li X, Wang H, et al. Imaging profile of the COVID-19 infection: radiologic findings and literature review. Radiology. 2020;2(1):e200034.
21. Simpson S, Kay FU, Abbara S, Bhalla S, Chung JH, Chung M, et al. Radiological Society of North America Expert Consensus Statement on Reporting Chest CT Findings Related to COVID-19. Endorsed by the Society of Thoracic Radiology, the American College of Radiology, and RSNA. Radiology. 2020 25;2(2):e200152.
22. Li K, Wu J, Wu F, Guo D, Chen L, Fang Z, et al. The Clinical and Chest CT Features Associated with Severe and Critical COVID-19 Pneumonia. Invest Radiol. 2020; Epub ehead of print.
23. Yuan M, Yin W, Tao Z, Tan W, Hu Y. Association of radiologic findings with mortality of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. PLoS One. 2020;15(3):e0230548.
24. Han X, Cao Y, Jiang N, Chen Y, Alwalid O, Zhang X, et al. Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (COVID-19) Progression Course in 17 Discharged Patients: Comparison of Clinical and Thin-Section CT Features During Recovery. Clin Infect Dis. 2020; Epub ahead of print.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.